5.12.2005

trees.



what is it about trees that can be so enlightening?
i have been told that enlightenment is only for Buddhists.
recently, i attended at conference on all the World Religions.
what is it about Buddhism that is so attractive?
perhaps it's the sheer beauty of their meditative practices that gets me. moments spent in complete quietness, examining the mental energy in their minds.
sounds worldly.
sounds like it's apart from God.
but perhaps it doesn't have to be.
interesting that while Siddhartha was sitting under a tree, he first found enlightenment.
i think they will always be intriguing.


trees that is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spiro said...

i agree.
intriguing how often the theme comes up in scripture.
humanity begins and ends in a garden-- Jesus submits his will to the Father in a garden.
the kingdom of God is likened to a tree that starts out dang small then grows large enough for all the birds of the air to perch on. Oh and theres more. "I am the vine, ye are the branches, he that remainith in me and I in him will bear much fruit." Am I limited to scripture? Perhaps in this part of my life. I can't help it.

June 10, 2005 12:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home