4.09.2006

too many music posts lately?
Sorry, but I'm not sorry.


a question posed to me recently by my roommate:
"can you think of a song in which there's a seemingly insignificant little piece, like a small lyric or guitar movement or something, that literally makes the song for you? As in, you probably wouldn't care about the song if it weren't for that little moment."

here was my answer:
"i once was lost but now I'm found, was blind, but now i see"














'Metal Heart' by Cat Power, has a moment, right near the middle of the song where it comes to a very subtle climax, but it just makes the song for me. It's definitely worth a listen.

Any songs come to mind?

3 Comments:

Blogger from mel said...

what on earth? why aren't more people responding?...not sure if this is what you meant, but here i go anyway...

the definite lead up in TD where the guitar solo hits and the piano melody leads and the drums are still going....and of course, the moment when you stretch out your arms and sing "hold me closer tiny dancer..." man.

also, and more recently...the song by Bob Dylan song...A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall...sing it loud.

love ya kid,
mel

April 11, 2006 2:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay i know im late in posting this but Led Zepplin"thank you" has a really great lead up where it goes "to me youre the ooooonly one..." and it makes my heart melt.
love you
britt

April 14, 2006 7:37 a.m.  
Blogger the tapered pant said...

I thought of a GREAT one. Ben Folds. Rockin' The Suburbs, at the end of the first verse "Sham On" MAKES the fricking track for me. even though the track is great anyway...but that's just obvious isn't it?

May 18, 2006 4:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home