12.08.2005

Manitoba Mornings:

Let me tell you a little something about mornings in Manitoba :
This morning Bonnie and I were up early.
It was completely dark out, and we were on our way back into the city from spending a few days in Winkler, getting Wings from Smitty's and smoking on dark prairie roads.
On the drive back to Winnipeg in the early hours of the morning, I saw something beautiful.
A prairie sunrise. I'm sure it was my first.

It looked a little like this:



Now if you can imagine, I'm trying to look at the sunrise through the back window of the car, but the windows were completely iced over because of the cold of the morning. (I tried to do a bit of Photoshop work on this picture to show you what i mean. )
The sunrise was glorious, but i could only see the strip of it where the earth and the yellow ocre of the sun meet and become this incredible shade of gold, then turn into deep colors of blue.
This picture does it no justice.

The sky is just so big in Manitoba. and the earth is so flat. It's often hard to believe my eyes when i see the things i see. Yes, i miss the mountains of BC, but what i'll miss about Manitoba is the great sky and the Elm trees.

My bedroom window.

Truly, this is how the iced windows look.

Beautiful.

5 Comments:

Blogger from mel said...

oh kristina.....

its so beautiful. i am in awe of your talent. i miss you.

mel

December 10, 2005 9:16 a.m.  
Blogger Spiro said...

i miss this part of the cps.

December 15, 2005 1:07 a.m.  
Blogger Marc said...

It's astonishng that we share the same sky...I've never seen such colours above.

December 15, 2005 7:24 a.m.  
Blogger the tapered pant said...

the picture of the GD window on ice is basssically....shit your pants spectacular. Sorry. this comment will likely in no way compare to the eloquence and heartfelt writing of your post. But I just need to say this also: you are a gift. I'll give you a shout tonight. and who the hell is marco?

December 16, 2005 10:36 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh sometimes when i look at your page i simply get over come with the beauty of what you present. it also makes me feel slightly sad....not because of anything you have said but because you are so incredibley talented and well spoken and well thought that i feel i could never reach a level such as that. you are truly rare and find beauty in things most people would simply overlook or dismiss and i love, i repeat i LOVE that about you. i miss you. britt

December 20, 2005 4:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home