4.19.2006


It was dusk
as I touched the ground in Saskatoon.
An unplanned visit made me realize that the world prides itself in furthering stereotypes.





(gustav klimt)

This time I didn't pray for rain.
but I can now smell it in the pavement.
I must be home.

a bookshelf full of my own possessions.
drawers full of old clothes.
sleeping off the ground.
feet hitting carpet as I wake.
the green walls.
a room with a known past.

and the telephone ringing.

I can remember a slight touch of the back.
and lights in the distance.
anxiety.
The same song now as then.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharelle said...

welcome home my friend.

April 19, 2006 9:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kristina, i cannot believe you are home, how i long for home and the ringing telephone..i need to talk to you..i emailed your older account ...check it..im scared (He got fired..because of me..you know who i mean...) anyways i miss you and hope being home is everything you anticipated it to be and that you are surrounded by loved ones.. tell them all i say hello and give them my love..this last stretch is the hardest..cant wait to see you
all my love
britt

April 20, 2006 5:05 p.m.  
Blogger Spiro said...

i'll talk to my teacher about it. you'd have to be there before 3:30. can you do it? aaaaand... mel will be in town the 12th of may. when do you leave for norway?

April 23, 2006 2:00 a.m.  
Blogger from mel said...

oh you, i hope so. i truly hope so. its been too long since we've last seen each other (plus, we need to make it at least on a yearly basis. perhaps we can convince bon to fly over...are you going back out there for school?) ...

its all happening!....and we'll make it happen.

i miss you. i put up a funny diddy on the ol blogger,check it out.

going to norway? the whole family? what an adventure. take lots of good pictures. did you ever end up buying a digital?

April 26, 2006 7:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home