8.17.2006

My eyes have brightened.
Light has spoken to me through the rising of the moon with the backdrop of paper thin trees in Banff.
More loudly, it has spoken through the great Aurora Borealis.

One meeting.
In just a few days, he was exchanging the telephone for a menthol cigarette.
The same package that was later released into the prairie wind.
It was an embrace behind a tour van, like a well kept secret.
Then a hand to send me away.













It was a kind of moment that has been refined through the night sky at Deer Lake Park, where words were laid emphatically in the air as if they were written with the thought of another.
He plays the song I waited for with the prelude:
"Let's take this ship in. "
I lit a smoke.
The Amsterdam kind.
White, with a trace of vanilla.
I breath deeply and exhale into the dark.

Just the other day I lost track of it.
I just wanted to be sure of him.
When the orange moon hung low in the sky,
I saw something running away.
It returned quickly in the coming of the rain and the perspective it brings with it.

Music should be about developing a relationship with an idea or with the skies.

4 Comments:

Blogger from mel said...

i need to talk to you. i want to hear about this. when can we talk??????

August 17, 2006 6:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that same moon, my love. Departing from a man-made celebration consisting of legal documents and expensive gowns, I was met with a natural celebration of which few knew. It was an experience that men try to recreate; The visually alluring Tate Modern.

Liz

August 17, 2006 9:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristina, did you take this photo? Its brilliant.

August 28, 2006 6:49 p.m.  
Blogger Carl said...

hey kristina!

these photos are fantastic, I just found your blog and wanted to congratulate you on either your skill (taking/manipulating said pictures) or taste (if you are borrowing from others).

ciao,
carl

August 28, 2006 8:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home