4.08.2008



my first habit experience is greeted by brick walls, a magazine board, white chalk on green.
everything is a fit, aesthetically.

I am wearing Huntington Bay, and a reference to Rocky Horror Picture Show is made. we do not know it, and subsequently, the reference is lost on us.
The most beautiful London Fogs we have ever had are being made and presented to us with pictures in the foam. the creamiest. we agree on this.

it all sounds and looks good until i realize that this place makes me realize that i don't know what i want. with an obelisk tattooed on the neck of a mutely dressed man and a yellow flower in my pocket, I recognize that although this place is everything that i want and think looks good, it's alienating and significantly intimidating.

but the record spinning and the low buzz of conversation allows me to somehow, find comfort.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirch, habit is pretty, i know. all that wood and those black window benches and the ugly/pretty people. I know. i spent some long hours there last summer. it's not enough, though. That's clear all to quickly. What you need is a mix. A little habit, a little time at the YMCA (wink, wink), and, of course, some makeshift picnics on cement, under large blue and green festival tents on cold-ass, fickle weathered days. That is just about the right combination, by my reckoning, to keep you afloat until the cusp of May. Wanna go sea bathing sometime?
That'll do the trick for sure.
Thanks for living here. It's good.
love,
J.

April 11, 2008 9:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to go there when I visit.
I have similar feelings about The Mondragon in Winnipeg.

April 17, 2008 9:26 a.m.  
Blogger the tapered pant said...

newww post please. not that this one wasn't great. i'm just saying, keep it alive kid, keep it alive.

April 26, 2008 2:13 p.m.  
Blogger Spiro said...

YOU keep it alive.

April 30, 2008 8:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home