2.14.2006

Art, not Love. Art.

you'll have to forgive me.
this is going to be an ugly one.

instead of talking the typical "bitter-single-person-on-valentine's-day" talk, i decided to talk about art.
then this day can somehow be redeemed as beautiful.
can it be though?

my question is: Why is Valentine's Day garb so tacky?
i could not fine one attractive piece of art to display here that fit my standard of aesthetics ...

are my standards too high?
or would you be satisfied with looking at something like this, especially something that is self-proclaimingly beautiful?

kill me.
the shape of the heart is awful. there's nothing more to say about it.
I'm sorry.
Do i sound bitter, or is my contempt justified?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Dechant said...

Thank you for this post. I needed it.

February 14, 2006 12:35 p.m.  
Blogger the tapered pant said...

this is for you kid.
"Great minds often produce more by working less, for with their intellect they search for conceptions and form those perfect ideas which afterwards they merely express with their hands."-Leonardo Da Vinci

February 19, 2006 10:17 p.m.  
Blogger Spiro said...

why doesn't anyone ever talk about saint valentine? that is... besides my theology professors.

February 19, 2006 10:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home