6.04.2008

I'm looking for an old camera.
yes, i used to want only the best kind of digital camera with as many unique lenses as possible.
this of course, is for the purpose of shooting crisp, sharp beautiful photos.
(by the way, i know nothing about photography).

now what I want is somehing old. something that can give me the look of an old photograph.
Darkened edges, only focused in the centre, bright, obtuse colors.
This is what the Russian made Lomo offers.

My desire has birthed from looking into Lomography online.
What I found (through blueandbrownbooks - photo credit) is this:

The 10 Golden Rules of Lomography:

1. Take your Lomo everywhere
2. Use it Day or Night
3. It's Part of your Life
4. Shoot from the Hip
5. Get as Close as Possible
6. Don't Think
7. Be Fast
8. Don't try to Control it
9. Be Suprised
10. Ignore all these Rules

I suppose it's the philosophy I like.
"When you buy a Lomo, you're not buying a camera, you're buying a lifelong membership into the Lomographic Society, and this is your tool of membership. When you die, you have to give it back."

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah M said...

hey--I know a bit about "old looking photos"...if you have a manual 35 mm, use expired film and you will get sort of a yellowed or 'grayish/oldie' tint to it...sorta hard to explain, but it looks really cool

June 04, 2008 7:35 p.m.  
Blogger Sharelle said...

similar to the reasons i bought my first moleskine.

partly because its a kick ass journal.

and partly because they told me it was used by Hemingway and Picasso.

how do you turn THAT down?

it's been a while hasn't it friend.

June 11, 2008 11:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home