9.30.2006

Although there are far more interesting things to read about and write about than the weather,
I am going to talk about it.
Because I love talking about it.

Heading Eastbound on the TransCanada Highway tonight,
I see that the fog has come.
And I recognize September because of it.
This season we call Autumn is always marked by it.
It brings me to the roads, to the fields, and into my own head.

Amongst my struggles with gender and the future, passivity and altruism,
I find rest in this gray haze that settles itself over the Fraser Valley.
Late at night.
On the long ride home.

3 Comments:

Blogger from mel said...

that was beautiful. the last line reminded me of patty griffin. did you mean to do that? :) i am anxious to talk with you. things are crazy here right now, but would an email do? :) i miss you. last night i was looking through 'ol capernwray pictures and i saw this one of your in the stable room...sitting in a chair looking at your journal and pondering. i thought, "man, i miss her."

so i miss you.

October 05, 2006 7:37 a.m.  
Blogger the tapered pant said...

Quoting from The Minstrel at St. Margarets', in the Letter To the Editor section...

"Kristina Solgaard

'What I liked most about it was that it was so significantly aimed towards truth' "

annnd there's a slightly funny story coinciding. sooo good.

October 08, 2006 10:22 a.m.  
Blogger Spiro said...

at this point it probably wouldn't be best to quote dashboard confessional lyrics.

December 20, 2006 3:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home