1.02.2009


i still listen to the cure.
smoke cigarettes.
drink wine.
eat meat.
eat foreign vegetables.
eat Second Slice pizza.
stay up late.
never finish books.
obsess about apologizing and loneliness.

somehow I think i should know better by now.
and part of me cares deeply about altering my choices.
part of me can not be bothered.
there is another part of me, a greater part, however, that aches knowing that i'm not a better person.
a better writer.
activist.
thinker.
reader.
cook.
friend.
organizer.
lover.
photographer.

so i sit. here. in victoria. thinking about what city is next.
some people know what i have in mind.
most do not.
i plan to keep it that way for a bit.
until i am a little more settled in my head.

i have hardly written this year.
that pains me.
looking back always does.
but this is just it.
ihave a bed partner. a friend. a feminist. a book finisher. a cook. a collector.
he has become my life. although i am aware of the kind of response i may receive in response to such a statement,
it. is. okay.

now what i deal with on a daily basis are questions of time, trust, space, response, observation, ability, compatibility, judgement, and peace.

lists kristina. always with the lists.
indeed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Spiro said...

second slice pizza is the best priced shiza around. I remember that much.

i love everything about you, my friend.

and now you've got me thinking about what city is next too.

January 02, 2009 12:51 AM  
Anonymous lars said...

http://dadoichzlig.blogspot.com/

January 02, 2009 1:07 AM  
Anonymous mel said...

i loved your post.
beautifully vulnerable.

January 09, 2009 10:29 PM  
Blogger brittany said...

loved this post kristina. beautiful.

February 25, 2009 6:01 PM  
Blogger Ms. Elizabeth Scott said...

I haven't checked this black.and.white.parking.lot stall in such a long time, and here I have found a deeply truthful gem. I am so lucky to have such an honest, tender-hearted friend.

November 22, 2009 11:13 PM  
Blogger nikeairmaxshoes90 said...

Retailers can also take Hogan Sneakersadvantage of a customer loyalty scheme which rewards baby and nursery retailers who stay loyal and shop regularly. The more money spent at Baby Brands Direct, the more the retailer can earn to spend at the end of the year. This alongside regular special Franklin Marshall Clothesoffers and promotion discount codes helps make Baby Brands Direct the best baby and nursery wholesaler in the industry.

March 27, 2012 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home